Wednesday, November 30, 2005

ClustrMaps & BlogMap (Feedmap)

Good Morning! Today I thought I would discuss two new features I added to my blog. ClustrMaps allows you to see at a glance (with a MAP!) where your site's visitors are located, even when the numbers are enormous! Visitors don't need to click on anything, it logs where the IP address of the computer is located. They provide (free) the HTML that gives you a thumbnail map (updated daily), like the one on my blog. When it loads, it increments a counter and shows the locations of all the visitors to your page, cumulatively (even for huge numbers). Since my ClustrMap is new you only see my location. Check them out at www.clustrmaps.com.

Blogmap (by Feedmap) lets you geocode your blog, browse already geocoded blogs and search for blogs. Or as they put it "a place where blogs meet maps and location!". Once geocoded, you can get your own BlogMap location using a simple url that allows you to network with your local bloggers and much more! I also love the fact that the Blogmap is interactive. You can pan and zoom right on the blog. Too Cool! Get your own Blogmap at www.feedmap.net.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast