Friday, October 07, 2005

East Texas GIS and GPS Users Group


Happy Friday! Well, I finish my training class today. I am ready to be home for a while. You don't realize how much you miss things like taking out the trash until you can't do it. Ha!

Anyway, today I am going to talk about the East Texas GIS and GPS Users Group (ETUG). ETUG is a small users group for East Texas and Western Louisiana. We get together quarterly, have lunch and discuss projects that we are working on. I will be president after the New Year and I hope to breathe new life into the organization. Historically, it has been based on more of a social level and I want to bring some technical and professional aspects to the group. We will see how well it is received. I'll keep you posted. While searching for a good map of East Texas I came across this wonderful picture of the old Aldridge Sawmill Site mill pond. I have been to this location and it is a good example of how beautiful East Texas is. You can find out more information at Texas Beyond History. It gives a little history of the East Texas timber industry as well. For more information on ETUG please visit our Yahoo! Groups page at ETUG-L. Here you can sign up to be email listserv to keep updated on events.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am a recruiter in Houston. Recently, I have been working for a client of mine that is looking for a person with expert-level understanding of GIS, in order to create a GPS system for golf carts. Pretty cool huh? I'm having some trouble finding this person, and thought maybe you could put the word out to your fellow GIS enthusiasts to see if they might be interested! At this point, I would appreciate all the help I could get. Thanks in advance; if you find anyone, please pass along my email - jessica.lacy@expresspros.com

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast