Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Urban and Regional Information Systems Association


Howdy! I am going to chat today about the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA). URISA is considered to be the premier organization for the use and integration of spatial information technology to improve the quality of life in our urban and regional environments. I recently joined URISA because I was impressed with some of the things they are doing for the GIS Profession. They started GIS Corps, a volunteer emergency GIS group to help with the many natural and unnatural disasters we keep having in the World. I will talk more about GIS Corps in the near future. URISA also helped start the GIS Certification Institute which I talked about in a previous post. You can find more information about URISA at www.urisa.org.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast