Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Degree Confluence Project

Good morning!! I hope everyone is getting caught up with work as the Holidays approach. I know that at this time of year the workload seems to lighten a little. I'm sure as soon as I say that the work will rain down on me. I sure hope not :()

The Degree Confluence Project is a cool idea that I ran across the other day. It seems it has been going on for some time. The goal of the project is to visit each of the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world, and to take pictures at each location. The pictures and stories are then posted on the website. The project is an organized sampling of the world. There is a confluence within 49 miles (79 km) of you if you're on the surface of Earth. They have discounted confluences in the oceans and some near the poles, but there are still 11,932 to be found. You can help find one and add a picture at www.confluence.org.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast