Monday, April 03, 2006

dartmaps

Wow what a weekend! The move is complete. It was as aweful as I anticipated. Although we are liking our new apartment and it only took me ten minutes to get to work. I can't wait till I'm home today at 5:15. All the pain of moving is worth getting two hours of my life back everyday. Anyway, another busy week is ahead of me. Have a good week!

Dartmaps shows the real-time locations of all running DARTs (suburban train service) in the City of Dublin, Ireland. So, how does it work? "Every 15 minutes, they take the realtime (not timetables) suburban rail info from IrishRail.ie, scraping it into a useful data structure, then writing it to XML. They then plot this onto Google Maps, with the help of the routes and stations data file. Check it out at http://dartmaps.mackers.com/.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast