Monday, April 24, 2006

Geosense

Another Monday down. The weekend was pretty good. I went shopping, got a haircut, cleaned the apartment, went for a bike ride and hung out with the guys. We had too much fun Saturday night;) I got to pay for that on Sunday. Anyway, I got to talk to my girlfriend tonight. She is a little homesick, but doing well. For those that haven't been keeping up, she is in Mexico for three months working on her Masters thesis. I booked my flight tonight and it's still going to be 34 days before I get to see her again.

Geosense is a cool website that lets you test your knowledge of world geography alone or against another online player. You also get to pick between a World Map, Advanced World Map, Europe Map, US Map or a Scramble. The object is that a place name is given and you have to click on the closest location to it on the map. The closer you get the more points that are scored. I'm not sure if it is mostly kids on this site, but I have been killing on the US Map. Bring it!!! Check it out at www.geosense.net.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast