Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Maps On Us

Good evening! It's budget time at the City and I am swamped. Let's count the ways: 911 addressing, emergency GIS team, GIS Day, employee reclasifications, inter-agency cooperation and data sharing, data conversion, etc. etc. etc. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to do the budget. That's probably why I have been working every night. I guess if my girlfriend had to leave the country this is the best time for it. 33 days!

Maps On Us is a mapping website run by Switchboard. "They are a leading provider of local online advertising solutions and Internet-based yellow pages, interconnecting consumers, merchants and national advertisers. Switchboard helps consumers quickly and easily find and compare local businesses offering specific products and services, while creating revenue opportunities for merchants." The maps are provided by Microsoft MapPoint. You can get driving directions, nearby businesses, etc. Check it out at www.mapsonus.com.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast