Friday, January 27, 2006

LocaPoint DIY Map Service

Happy Friday! I have no big plans this weekend, which I am excited about. I do have to go out and learn how to use a new Leica GPS unit. My girlfriend will be using it in Mexico this spring for her thesis research so we need to learn how to use it. I am familiar with Trimble units and I hear that the Leica units are quite different. Wish me luck!!

LocaPoint has a DIY map service that allows you to create your own map. You can add lines and markers then all the data about your 'DIY Map' will be packed into URL string, so it is easy to send it via email, etc. It uses Google maps to provide this free service. Check it out at http://www.locapoint.com/en/diymapHome.html.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast