Friday, January 06, 2006

Mapdex

It's Friday and the Longhorns are still the National Champions!!! I hope to catch up on sleep and get a good bike ride in. It is supposed to be in the 70's all weekend (I love Texas!). It's also nice that the Holidays are over and we don't need to travel somewhere. I will also be working on a presentation for high school students and I am trying to tie Geography (GIS) to pop culture. If anyone has seen some examples of Geography or even better GIS in pop culture please send them my way. Have a great weekend!!

At the time of this post Mapdex had a near-global index of 1,781 servers, serving 32,433 map services, containing over 400,000 GIS Layers, covering more than 4,000,000 columns! Wow!! Mapdex is a first cut at creating an index of web mapping services. I did a quick search for streets in my semi-rural zip code and came up with 53 layers in 23 servers. Not bad!! You also have the ability to search by server, service, layer, column and even address. Check it out at www.mapdex.org.

No comments:

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast