Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Virtual Earth MapCruncher

The second day of training is going well so far. I am thinking I should be outta here by three. The benefits of a small class. After today I've only got 2.5 days of work before I am off to the Texas Gulf Coast for Memorial Day with my family. Then it's off to Mexico to visit my girlfriend. I cannot wait to see her! There we plan on visting Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres. When I return I immediately get on another flight to New Orleans for a site visit for next years SCAUG conference. It should be an action packed week and a half.

"Have you ever looked at satellite photos of a building in Virtual Earth -- and wished you could zoom right in and see its floorplan? Have you ever used VE to plan a trip across town -- and wanted to seamlessly switch from its road maps to maps of bicycle trails, bus routes, or carpool lanes? Have you ever wanted to create and publish your own map mashups -- and wished you had a tool to make it easy to integrate a map you care about into Virtual Earth? Microsoft Research has made this a reality! The Virtual Earth API allows web developers to supplement Virtual Earth's maps with pushpins and lines. MapCruncher brings mashups to a whole new level by allowing developers to import entire maps to supplement the existing road and aerial imagery with detailed, application-specific information. The possibilities are endless: bicycle maps, transit maps, national park maps, university maps, antique city maps, or whatever scale maps you personally find interesting." Check it out at http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/. 5 Days!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
Antique print

Planet Geospatial

ESRI.com - News

GISUser.com - The complete GIS, LBS, and Geospatial Technology Resource

A VerySpatial Podcast